SDG Task Force
Establishment of an SDG Task Force for RJC
The Decade of Action calls for an acceleration of action to address the world’s biggest challenges, from gender to climate, peace and clean water. RJC is committed to leading the jewellery & watch industry on its efforts, by creating an action platform for the jewellery and watch industry to contribute to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SGDs) by 2030. We believe in the importance of partnerships for scalable and meaningful impact and have created the SDG Taskforce to deliver on this commitment.
Objectives of the SDG Task Force
The SDG Taskforce will:
- Establish an SDG action Platform to coordinate the efforts of the industry.
- Launch a global library of best practices on the SDGs implementation.
- Function as a think-tank for new and collaborative projects on SDG implementation.
- Report regularly about the progress made through the Annual RJC Progress Report and case studies.
- Provide input into the RJC 2030 Roadmap and supporting member metrics, which will enable members to measure and report progress on the SDGs.
Composition of the taskforce
The SDG Taskforce consists of 26 members and the Executive Director of RJC and is co-chaired by Feriel Zerouki, Senior Vice President, Corporate Affairs, De Beers Group, and Matthew Kilgarriff, Director Corporate Social Responsibility, Richemont, with strategic guidance provided by Georg Kell, founder and former Executive Director of the United Nations Global Compact.
RJC SDG Taskforce leadership and members:
- Co-Chair: De Beers Group
- Co-Chair: Richemont
- Strategic Advisor: Georg Kell, Arabesque
- ALROSA Group
- Antwerp Management School
- AURUM MONACO SAM
- Berker Bros Ltd
- BV Chinai & Co
- C.Hafner GmbH & Co.KG
- Color Merchants, Inc
- Fondation de la Haute Horlogerie
- Gemological Institute of America
- Hermès Jewelry
- Natural Diamond Council
- Pinkcity Jewel House P. Ltd
- Potentate Mining LLC
- Richline Group
- Rosy Blue N.V.
- Signet Jewelers
- Star Rays
- The Gem and Jewellery Institute of Thailand
- World Diamond Council
- World Gold Council