This is the era of gender equality. We need to accelerate public-private partnerships which can have a transformational impact for girls and women. Join us to celebrate International Women’s Day with a special edition webinar ‘Gender Equality in Action’ hosted in partnership with United Nations Global Compact (UNGC).
The webinar will feature:
- an interview with the Executive Director of ISEAL Alliance, Karin Kreider;
- inspiring case studies from Bulgari, LVMH, De Beers Group, Makal Jewellery ltd, Dimexon, Day’s Jewelers and The Fair Trade Jewelry Co.; and
- reports and practical tools to support you in your journey towards integrating SDG 5 into your strategy and operations.
- What gender equality means in 2020
- Why the empowerment of women is critical to business (economic and social development)
- How you can make a direct impact on SDG 5 and become a leading force for change in your industry
- Sue Allchurch, Chief of Outreach and Engagement at UN Global Compact
- Iris Van der Veken, Executive Director at Responsible Jewellery Council
The jewellery industry has a particularly strong case for supporting women’s empowerment as women drive demand for more than 90% of the world’s jewellery. The growing conscious consumer movement is demanding for more transparency of information and responsible sourcing is growing and gaining market share.
Responsible Jewellery Council has established a range of approaches to promote and advance women empowerment with its members.
Let’s drive change, champion gender equality and empower women.
Thank you for your continued support.
We are #GenerationEquality – together we can make a real difference.