Join a panel of sustainability experts and RJC members as they discuss how to engage with climate action. Part of the RJC SDG Roadshow in partnership with United Nations Global Compact.
Download the case studies:
– Asahi Pretec Corp.
– C. Hafner
– Clark Diamonds
– Takeaway list of resources
– Benefits of joining UNGC & how to apply
– CEO ‘Letter of Commitment’ template
- Welcome by Sue Allchurch, UN Global Compact and Iris Van der Veken, Responsible Jewellery Council
- Keynote address by Sylvie Bernard, Jewellery Industry Expert
- Keynote address by Gus Schellekens, Climate Change Expert
- Panel discussion
About the event
The business community, including the global jewellery and watch industry, has committed itself to reducing its impact on the planet and to increasing its engagement with climate action. And, during COVID we have seen companies struggling with the crisis continue their commitment to sustainability and responsible business.
What can we learn from each other and what more can we do during this Decade of Action to continue our committment to Agenda 2030 and the Global Goals? What stories can we share with our employees, customers and supply chain to inspire and encourage action on the ground? How can we identify actions relevant to each individual business and how can we measure success?
Join us for our Climate Action special edition webinar as part of our SDG Roadshow series to help you understand the SDGs and find ways to integrate them into your responsible business.
Held in collaboration with United Nations Global Compact (UNGC) during Climate Week 2020, ‘Engaging with Climate Action’ is your opportunity to:
- Hear directly from UNGC as they reflect on all the news and activity during the UN General Assembly and Climate Week;
- Discover what RJC members are doing to engage with climate action;
- Feel supported by RJC and fellow members; and
- Raise your climate action questions with a panel of sustainability experts.
Iris Van der Veken, Executive Director, Responsible Jewellery Council
- Sue Allchurch, Chief, Outreach & Engagement at UN Global Compact
- Sylvie Benard, Jewellery Industry Expert
- Gus Schellekens, Climate Change Expert
- Peter Karakchiev, Head of International Relations Department at Alrosa
- Marissa Saretsky, Sustainability Director at Pandora
- Mike Barrows, Director at Clark Diamonds
- Maria Mursell, Senior Manager, Member and Stakeholder Training, Responsible Jewellery Council
This is part of the RJC SDG Roadshow series of events and we look forward to welcoming you!
This webinar is part of the ongoing Working Partnership between the UN Global Compact and the Responsible Jewellery Council. The webinar will be hosted on the UN Global Compact Zoom platform and we will follow up with more information on our initiative with all attendees who consent to receive such information upon registering.